Before I went natural in 2012, I had serious dandruff issues. It was embarrassing seeing white flakes falling off my hair most especially when I am in the midst of people in a salon. One day, I thought of shaving my hair and treating it from scratch. To me, I felt it would be a perfect solution.
After my big chop (you should see my skin-shaved hair...lol), I started treating my scalp. I used some products like Damatol and Meditrit (Anti dandruff hair cream) which didn’t work as expected. I later got African Naturalistas Tea rinse and palm kernel oil for a start. After a while, it was all gone by 2013 and my hair was growing. Fast forward to November 2014, it all came back… where did I go wrong. I knew I had been neglecting my scalp for so long.
So back to basics… I got tea tree oil, Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) and also peppermint oil and they worked magic for me.
– Wash your hair regularly, mostly co-washing
– Do an ACV rinse whenever you wash your hair
– Clean scalp with lime juice if you don’t have ACV
– Massage scalp with Peppermint and Tea tree oil
– Clean scalp with diluted ACV when on a protective style then moisturise with hair butter
– Do not use a Sulphate shampoo
I hope these tips help. Till next time