ago, nutritional advice was as simple as “an apple a day.” Later we
were advised to eat 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. The
latest recommendations suggest that we eat 5-9 servings of fruits
and vegetables a day.
There are many benefits to eating fruits and vegetables. Some of these include:
1. You can eat more food since they have a lower calorie content than other foods.
2. They are a good source of fiber.
3. They contain anti-oxidants.
4. You don’t have to worry about artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
5. They can reduce the risk of certain types of cancers and other diseases.
6. They contain beneficial vitamins and minerals.
7. They are very simple to prepare and are a healthy, natural snack.
8. They add color, variety, and greater appeal to your meals.
I’ve noticed that most kids tend to enjoy fruits more than vegetables.
As a kid I hated onions but later i got to love them.
Some kids display the same prejudice that I did against
vegetables, it is advisable to expose them to a
wide variety of vegetables and choices.
For a healthy life, eat more fruits and veggies